Dear Holiday Season,
You can be stressful. Almost everyone stresses out about giving gifts. I think it might be genetic that neither me nor my family members stress over gifts. A typical Christmas Eve day involves me and my four brothers pairing up to go out and go shopping for one another. Year after year, we leave our gift purchasing for the last minute and still manage to make an evening mass as per our Christmas Eve traditions. Consider the publishing of this blog post to be extremely ahead of the ball game for me. I have some gifts that I adore and want to share with you all. The gifts featured are my top choices. Consider an appropriate recipient of these presents to be fitting for a yogi/healthy eater/inquisitive thinker/aromatherapy lover/warm weather local/spiritual person of sorts. I know, I know, holidays are not about the gifts, your presence is more important than the presents you give or receive. While that will always be true, if you are buying gifts for family and friends, I wanted to help you out with my top 10 gift ideas. If you are purchasing gifts please consider these mindful presents and the kind companies that provide them. Enjoy.
1. Doterra Deep Blue Rub: This lotion is excellent for athletes, those who have aches and pains, yogi's who want some aromatherapy and or a nice muscle rub pre/post yoga class. I swear by this lotion.
2. How Not to Die by Michael Greger, MD: Discover the foods scientifically proven to prevent and reverse disease in this must read for anyone who is interested in health and wellness.
3. Kate Spade Journal: What better way to feel inspired to put the pen to paper than by using a journal with an inspiring quote on the cover, "with freedom, books, flowers and the Moon, who could not be happy?" Kate Spade has several, but really any journal will do!
4. Jugo Life Juice: A gift certificate to this delicious Oahu juice spot (locations in Honolulu and Kailua) is the perfect gift for someone who wants to stay healthy through the holidays. If you don't live in Hawaii, find your nearest juice shop!
5. Mala Beads: Whether they are worn as a beautiful piece of jewelry, a great reminder to stay present through your day, or for a meditation technique, these gorgeous beads are a great gift for the mindful yogi. Email email@example.com for orders.
6. Manduka Props: The best yoga cork block, yoga strap, and yoga mat on the market. As a daily yoga practitioner and teacher, these are my go-to yoga essentials.
7. Turkish Towel: Cold, traveling, showering, hitting the beach? The turkish towel is adorably stylish and it's multipurpose use makes it a perfect gift.
8. UltraMana Coffee: 100% organic coffee from Maui. A gift for a coffee connoisseur or simply a daily coffee drinker, this coffee is delightful.
9. Doterra Oils: These oils are excellent additions to any household. Most are suitable for diffusing, many for consuming, many for topical use. These oils are great gifts for those who are interested in aromatherapy, you can improve the smell of your laundry and spice up your stir fry dish with just a few drops of these magical oils! They are extremely potent and their medicinal value shouldn't be taken lightly. Make sure you read the Doterra PDFs on all of their products.
10. Yoga Private with Laura Mary: Shameless plug for myself. Gift your family and friends a private yoga session or 10 with yours truly. Together we can dive deeper into your anatomy, your goals, and your yoga/life practice! Book a session with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's get healthy and happy!
Happy Holidays! I hope you are able to find 1 or 10 beautiful gifts to spread your love and light all over town. As I mentioned earlier, your presence matters the most. What I really want for Christmas is happiness, health, and the presence of the ones I love. Enjoy the sparkly holiday spirit!